Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Don't Want to be the Captain of My Destiny

Have you ever had trouble sleeping because the infamous "Who am I?" and "What is my purpose?" questions circle and bounce around your head? Well, I have.


It might be surprising to those who know me personally because I've always been the type who knows what she's doing, when I'm doing it and why. I guess we all have our moments. 


I thought I had my whole life planned out, but lately I've wondered if my plans fit what God wants for me. 


I don't want to be the captain of my destiny. I want God to be in command.


I know that as a Christian my mission is to bring people to Christ. Well, I want everything I do and everything I am to tailor that mandate, including my career.


It might take some time for me to figure it all out, but I trust in the Lord.


As for now, I'll continue working hard and praying fervently. 


I leave you all with this quote: “Though we may not be able to see His purpose or His plan, the Lord of heaven is on his throne and in firm control of the universe and our lives.” -Max Lucado


XO
Pris



2 comments:

  1. Priscilla what ever it is that you do i know you will be great at it and will have a meaningful purpose. It's okay not have your life all planned out. Someof the most amazing things happen spontaneously.
    M.V<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magaly,

    Thank you so much for your sweet words. I need to start being more open to that reality.

    ReplyDelete