Thursday, January 26, 2012

Breathe In, Breathe Out

It's only the first week of school, and I'm already stressed out! (Duh, Pris you're taking 18 units!)

Strangely, I enjoy being stressed out and if I'm not busy every second of the day, I feel like I'm wasting time. 

I have many responsibilities on my plate, as I'm sure many of you do, but I like it that way. I guess I'm what you call a workaholic/overachiever. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but I'm sure many of you can relate. 

College students are not given enough credit. We juggle so many things at once: relationships, school, work, extra curricular activities and somewhere in between all of that we manage to have a social life (hopefully outside of Twitter and Facebook). I think we all deserve some sort of plaque. 

This isn't a post asking for sympathy. I'm simply asking all of the stressed, sleepless and over achieving folks to take 15-30 minutes out of their day and just BREATHE

Do something for yourself. Something that makes you happy. You can read (non related coursework, please!), exercise, take a nap or simply sit and enjoy doing nothing.

I promise that if you give yourself this amount of time each day, life will be a little easier. 


All of your handwork is going to pay off, I promise. Keep up the good work, and remember to give yourself a break every once in a while...


XO, 
Pris



No comments:

Post a Comment