Monday, April 9, 2012

The Fighter

Many of you have read my Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr posts regarding my Aunt Laura. I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

At age 56, she fought a long and trying battle with cancer. And although it hurt to see her leave, I strongly believe she was ready. 

Cancer wasn't her only battle. My Aunt overcame poverty to become a professional dentist in Mexico City, she also raised a daughter all on her own, but what I loved most about my Aunty was her sense of humor. 

I remember an old friend once asked her how she was doing and she replied with "Oh, I'm fine. I just have cancer." It's not easy to find humor in that response but if you knew my Aunt, you'd laugh too.

I'm really going to miss her, but I'm sure I'll see her in heaven. Cancer might have won this battle, but Jesus already won the most important one. 

Many of you might be going through a similar situation or know someone who is/has. I encourage you to live with hope and keep on fighting! 

XO, 
Pris

3 comments:

  1. La bendita esperanza de ver a nuestros seres queridos pronto sera ;) me gusto tu columna ;)Dtb100

    ReplyDelete
  2. so inspiring post :)
    I really love it!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete